At the moment of starting cooperation with any company, regardless of the area of its activity, we must take into account restrictions and regulations, the non-compliance of which may lead to the termination of this cooperation. It's the same in a situation where you decide to earn with affiliate networks. There are regulations that you agree to at the time of registration and failure to comply with them may lead to a temporary or permanent account ban. Let this article become your compendium of knowledge about the possibility of losing access to campaigns on MyLead. After reading, you will know:
- what you can get blocked for,
- how to avoid getting blocked,
- what to do when your account has been blocked,
- what the advertiser expects from publishers.
Get appreciated by advertisers
Publishers make money with what they promote. Advertisers - with the products they sell. It is therefore clear that the advertiser's priority is profit, some of which is spent on paying for the publisher's traffic. Imagine that you are an employee on a contract for specific work and once again you do not deliver the order in a form that is satisfactory for the employer. In such a situation, the ordering party will not be interested in further cooperation with you, because you do not bring the expected results. The same goes for the advertiser-publisher relationship.
In this relationship, both parties want to earn money. Let's say a publisher started promoting a PPI program with the goal of installing an app on the phone. If the publisher downloads and removes it on their own, a traffic like that will be worthless for the advertiser. In this situation, the relationship between the advertiser and the publisher does not make sense, because neither one nor the other party earns.
Unsatisfactory traffic quality
There are many ways to promote affiliate links and it is up to you which one you choose. However, the action model that the consumer must complete is assigned to a specific campaign. Each model has a number of pros and cons. It is worth testing each of them in the campaign you are interested in to determine which one is the easiest to promote and with which you will get the most satisfying profits. However, you should be aware of the risk of failure of each solution.
The following registration issues apply to any type of offer. The advertiser will see these things as a potential fraud attempts and extortion of payment for a lead:
- the use of 10-minute email addresses by customers,
- using email addresses created according to one scheme,
- use of VPN/proxy during registration,
- falsification of data when filling out forms.
The CPL model in affiliate marketing means that the publisher will be paid for each lead they introduce to the advertiser's website. One of the main advantages of this model is that the publisher can sometimes earn more than in the case of campaigns that require the purchase of a product or service.
The promotion of CPL programs is considered one of the simplest, however, even in this case, getting blocked is still possible if the publisher breaks certain rules.
Creating accounts in the CPL model
The advertiser pays for registered users from the funds that users pay when purchasing premium accounts. If there are no sales from the dozens of leads obtained, further allowing for promotion by a given publisher will result in losses for the advertiser. Therefore, publishers who bring in "empty" users are often cut off from campaigns as unprofitable. An “empty” user is one who:
- will log in once and will not return to the advertiser's website,
- will not confirm their email,
- is already in the database,
- will not make any purchases.
Contests in the CPL model
Contest programs in affiliate marketing are primarily focused on obtaining users' personal data. The user must always agree to the processing of such data, and each offer has its own regulations.
Since in this case the advertiser does not receive a direct monetary profit, contest campaigns are limited within the budget that the advertiser can allocate to the promotion of the action. The campaign expires when this limit is maxed out.
In the case of CPL campaigns and promotion of sweepstakes and contest programs, frauds are the main reason for getting blocked.
Frauds - getting blocked on demand
The word "extortion" is the perfect way to describe frauds in affiliate marketing, especially CPL programs. Fraud is taking virtual, dishonest and intentional actions to generate more compensation for the publisher.
We deal with frauds in affiliate marketing when a generated lead or action turns out to be fake. What we mean here is setting up fake emails that publishers will use during registration, bots, using a VPN or proxy, or simply falsifying data when filling out forms.
- Making frauds is the cause not only of rejections and cut-offs from campaigns, but also complete account bans. Frauds are usually self-made leads, both manually and with the use of various types of bots.
- Each affiliate network and each advertiser has its own anti-fraud system or uses the service of an external provider of such solutions. Security systems allow you to easily check whether a given publisher generated conversions on their own based on technical data. In addition, the advertiser has full access to monitoring user activity, which also affects the assessment of frauds and the decision which publisher is to be cut off due to poor quality of traffic, and which will have their leads rejected for fraud and commission extortion.
It is in the interest of every publisher to provide traffic of the highest quality, without extortion and fraud attempts. Cut-offs and blocks are often caused by low-quality traffic that's providing unprofitable users. The solution would be to change the monetization models and methods of promotion, or the campaign itself.
Incentive traffic - how not to promote affiliate programs?
Incentive traffic is a concept that is very strongly associated with the promotion of CPL programs, for which the publisher can be blocked. Incentive traffic is any action that will bring the advertiser an unprofitable end recipient. Incentive traffic can mean, for example, asking friends to perform an action as a favor, soliciting users to confirm the action, or making empty promises.
Incentive traffic is possible in a situation where the rules of promotion of a given program allow it.
To see programs that allow incentive traffic, click here:
MyLead also has Content Lockers - an affiliate tool that also allows for incentive traffic.
To learn more about Content Lockers, click here:
CPA - gaming offers, gambling and betting platforms and investment platforms
In CPA programs, the most important are users who actually want to take an active part in them - play or invest.
- In gaming campaigns (i.e. mobile applications, browser games or desktop games) there is often a situation in which the user registers, but does not even download the game or does not spend a single minute in it. Then the advertiser has no grounds to consider acquiring such a user a good move.
- In gambling campaigns, the deposit to be paid is usually low and the commission for the publisher often exceeds $100 or €100. It means that the publisher gets more than the advertiser earns, which is why the owner of the online casino is particularly interested in the most active players. Withdrawing a deposit shortly after it is made is not acceptable.
- In the case of forex or cryptocurrency investment campaigns, commissions are paid in the same way as in the offers of casino platforms. The difference is the deposit, which in this case is much higher. The temptation to withdraw the deposit as soon as possible is therefore proportionately greater, and this may end up considering your traffic unattractive.
In the case of investment platform campaigns, it is important to know about investing itself and to know the basic nomenclature, which is sometimes found in the descriptions and restrictions of affiliate programs on MyLead, for example:
- spread, i.e. the difference between the buy and sell price of a financial instrument. It is a transaction cost and broker's commission,
- transaction, i.e. the need to perform an action based on the money that has been paid by a registered user; most often it is about a certain number of transactions to be carried out.
The investment market is very delicate. For this reason, advertisers take a very restrictive and serious approach to traffic quality. Especially in the case where the broker is licensed, because obtaining a license is costly, laborious and time-consuming.
The CPS model in affiliate marketing means that the publisher will be paid for every sale that their recipient makes. A cost per sale campaign may be blocked if a prohibited promotion method is used, for example brand bidding. Brand bidding means:
- using the advertiser's brand names as keywords, which increases the advertiser's costs. Most often it is prohibited when the advertiser promotes themselves through SEM. If the publisher, in good faith, wants to increase the reach of the advertiser and uses brand bidding, they are doing the advertiser a disservice by increasing the cost of clicks for which the advertiser pays,
- domains - typos and the use of a distorted brand name are also considered by some advertisers as acting to their detriment.
That is why it is so important that before joining a given affiliate program, the publisher carefully reads the regulations of the promotion. Complying with the terms and conditions is the only way to avoid getting blocked from CPS programs.
Restrictions and regulations of the promotion can be found after clicking the "Details" button next to the affiliate program you want to start promoting. You can also click on the affiliate program in question and look at the "Program promotion terms" section.
Publishers should also be careful when making money with paid surveys. Survey blockade may occur when:
- the user answers incorrectly (e.g. in the negative to a question that was previously answered in the affirmative),
- the algorithm will decide that the user is not completing the survey correctly (e.g. too fast to read it, etc.),
- the user undertakes any fraud attempt, i.e. changing location using VPN and other activities aimed at gaining access to more surveys.
Detection of this type of activity will result in blocking surveys - the publisher will not see the possibility of earning with paid surveys in the user panel.
Getting blocked on MyLead - FAQ
What are the types of blocks on MyLead?
There are three types of blocks.
An affiliate blocking is a situation where the publisher's traffic seems incorrect, and MyLead as an affiliate platform suspects that a given promotion is not correct or breaks the rules of the regulations.
Affiliate blocking is reversible. It is enough for the publisher to contact the support in order to explain the situation.
A withdrawal blocking is usually issued simultaneously with an affiliate blocking and occurs when the publisher's leads have been revoked. MyLead then blocks payments for the time of explaining the method of promotion with a given publisher.
In addition to the situation in which leads are permanently rejected, the withdrawal blocking is removed immediately after the end of the investigation.
Campaign blocking occurs when the quality of leads of a given publisher is unsatisfactory, and most often it happens at the request of the advertiser.
Removing the blocking of a campaign is rare and is only possible if the publisher has been already earning with MyLead and can provide high-quality traffic to other campaigns in the same category. Then it is possible for support to contact a specific advertiser directly and discuss the possibility of reinstating the publisher into the program.
Can my account be unblocked?
Be patient, we consider each case individually and you can contact us if you have any questions.
Can I continue to earn on MyLead?
It all depends on the type of action that led to the blocking. Unfortunately, there are situations that always lead to the exclusion of a user from the portal. What we mean here is generating leads by yourself and implementing aggressive incentive traffic. This type of behavior results in permanent blocking of the account on MyLead.
Will I get my money after I get blocked?
It depends on the specific case and the advertiser. No advertiser wants to pay for low quality traffic, but that is part of the business risk everyone is aware of. In fact, only in the case of frauds, we can talk about the certainty of a rejected payment. To make sure your case is eligible, please contact support.
How does MyLead know about scammers and traffic quality?
MyLead has extensive systems that allow us to analyze publishers' traffic. Our employees additionally verify publishers' activities manually so as not to overlook any deviations. We are also in constant contact with advertisers, who regularly inform us about their reservations regarding cooperation with a given publisher.
Is there a possibility of getting permanently blocked on the platform?
The publisher's account can be deleted if it is banned - then it is permanently closed. Ban may take place when generating frauds or breaking any other point of the MyLead regulations accepted during registration.