In the publisher's panel, you can find new tools for website monetization - highly valued in affiliate marketing Content Lockers. We provide you with CPA Locker, Captcha Locker, and File Locker, and in this guide, we will describe how to set up the lockers step by step.
How to configure the CPA Locker?
Before we discuss the configuration of the CPA Locker, let us remind you what exactly this tool is. A user who wants to get access to blocked content must complete at least one action from the list to benefit from the desired content. You, as a publisher, receive a profit when the user completes this action.
1. To configure the CPA Locker, we need to log in to the publisher's panel.
2. After logging into the panel, look for the Content Locker button on the left side (User tab) and select the CPA Locker from the drop-down menu.
3. Select the Add Locker button.
4. At the top of the page, you see locker settings (basic, desktop, mobile version), and on the left side, you can see the tool preview. The preview can be zoomed in by clicking on the "+" button or zoomed out by using the "-" button.
1. We specify the name of the Locker (e.g., Content Locker TEST).
2. In the next step, we set the number of required conversions, that is, actions. If we determine one conversion, the user will have to complete one task (e.g., register), and in the case of three actions, they must complete three actions to get access. We chose one conversion.
3. We continue to determine the loading method. The locker can be loaded immediately, after a certain time or after a click. Our choice is to load the locker immediately, but you can choose any option during your configuration.
4. When specifying the unlock action, we decide whether the CPA Locker is disabled (and disappears) or whether the user is to be redirected to the specific page. You should enter the URL in the appropriate box.
5. We then set the access time. In this step, we decide for how long the user will have access to the unlocked content. We decided to leave the default value, i.e., 3600 minutes, but you can also enter another value, e.g., two days.
6. For the payout threshold, we determine the EPC value. EPC stands for earnings per click and allows you to decide what kind of offers will be displayed on the locker. For example, to earn on average 50 cents for each click on the offer, the EPC should have a value of 0.5. Consider that too high EPC may result in a lack of offer. We leave the EPC value at a minimum of 0.3.
7. Next, we determine whether the locker can display tasks with content not appropriate for minors.
8. Then we go to the settings of the desktop version. Note that you don't have to click on the "save" button if you go from one tab to another within one Locker.
Basic settings summary:
DESKTOP VERSION SETTINGS
At this stage, we decide how the Locker will display on PC and laptops.
1. Now give the locker a name and add a description. We named our locker "CPA Locker TEST" and entered the following description: "Unlock to access the premium content".
2. Now it's time to choose your theme. Remember about the preview, which allows you to check the edited elements at any time. There are seven themes to choose from, including those adapted to Instagram and Facebook.com.
Our choice is Template 3.
You can also change the background transparency with the blue slider. Simply move it left or right, depending on what effect you want to achieve.
3. We can then decide to leave the default settings. At the same time, we can adjust the number of offers that will be displayed on the locker and add a message, e.g., "Access unlocked. Congratulations!". The maximum number of offers is five, and this is the value we left in our example. You can choose any different number.
If you want, you can also make changes to the theme by modifying the advanced settings. To do this, select an option in the "Adjust the theme" field: "Yes" or "Expert".
"Yes" - by selecting this option, you can change the background color, loading color, text, and name. We can also change fonts and round the buttons.
Color modification of the Locker elements
Rounding of offer buttons and font:
After the changes, our Locker looks like this:
- "Expert" - with the CSS, we can create a theme ourselves. To view the applied changes, click on the "Update the styles" button.
MOBILE VERSION SETTINGS
In this tab, we set up smartphones and tablets. The configuration is basically the same as for desktop settings.
1. As before, we set the locker name and description. Our locker in the mobile version will be called "CPA Locker mobile" and the description will be the same as in the case of previous lockers, i.e., Unlock to access the premium content.
2. We then decide on the theme's appearance. In this version, we chose the Template 2 theme, which we have changed slightly by clicking on the "Customize theme" button and choosing "yes" from the drop-down menu. We've also changed the font to Roboto Mono.
3. In the next step, we set the maximum number of offers. We set the highest value, which is 4.
4. We can also choose the priority of offers. At this stage, we decide on the model of offers that appear first. Please note that this configuration is also a decision about the types of actions the client will have to perform to gain access.
5. At the very end, we check in the preview if the locker we created suits us. Ours looks like this:
How to configure the Captcha Locker?
We are sure many of you will say that the Captcha Locker
resembles a reCaptcha, or a bot security system. And that's exactly what it is. The user who wants to access the desired content must click on the designated field on the page to confirm that he or she is human. The verification is done by performing one of the actions available on the list. Thanks to this, the customer enjoys the unlocked content and the publisher - profit.
1. To configure the Captcha Locker, log in to the publisher's panel and then look for the Content Locker button on the left side. Select the Captcha Locker from the drop-down menu.
2. Select the Add Locker button.
3. At the top, you will find basic, advanced, and device-specific settings. On the left side, there is a preview that can be zoomed in or out.
1. First, name your locker. We'll name it "Captcha Locker TEST".
2. Next, choose the theme from the drop-down menu. You can choose between template 1 and 2. We picked the second option. Remember that you can always use the preview available on the right to view the theme and other changes you enter.
3. In the next field, you must set the unlock action, i.e., decide whether the locker closes or redirects the user. If you choose a redirection, you have to enter the URL. We decided to close the locker.
4. We further determine the access time, which is for how long the user can access the unlocked content. Our locker will be available for 20 days.
5. In the last field, you determine whether the locker can display tasks with content not appropriate for minors.
Basic settings summary:
Now you can proceed to advanced settings. Note that you don't have to save your settings when you move between tabs within one content locker.
1. In this tab, you will select the priority of offers, so in other words, you will decide the model of offers that appear first. This allows you to decide what kind of actions must be completed by the client. We choose CPI prioritized, then CPA, then PIN.
2. Then, we determine the number of required conversions - actions. For example, we will set 2 (remember that the number of required conversions cannot be higher than the maximum number of offers).
3. Next, we select the minimum and the maximum number of offers displayed on the locker.
Advanced settings summary:
OPTIONS FOR SPECIFIC DEVICES
In this tab, we give titles and descriptions for desktop and mobile versions. For example:
How to configure the File Locker?
is a tool to monetize a website. Users who want to download the file have to make verification to confirm that he or she is human. To do so, they must complete one offer from the list. After completing the task, they will get access to the desired file, and the publisher will enjoy the profit.
1. Log in to the publisher's panel, click the Content Locker button on the left side and select the File Locker from the drop-down menu.
2. Select the Add Locker button and proceed.
3. At the top of the page, you see locker settings, and on the left, you can see the preview. The preview can be zoomed in by clicking on the "+" button or zoomed out by using the "-" button.
1. Fill in the field "Locker name", for example, File Locker TEST.
2. We then choose the theme. From the drop-down menu, select one of four themes. Each of them can be viewed by clicking on the preview button. Our choice is template 2.
3. The next step is to complete the URL. The user will be redirected to this page after unblocking the file. We fill in this field with the URL of our blog:
1. First pick the priority of offers - decide on the model of offers that appear first. Thus, we determine what types of actions must be performed by the client. Also, you can set the number of required conversions (actions). As we mentioned earlier, if there is one conversion, then the client has to complete one task to receive the access.
2. In the next field, we set the minimum and the maximum number of offers displayed on the locker.
3. We also decide on how long the user will have access to the unblocked file. For this purpose, we fill in the access time field, for example, 14 hours.
4. We can also create a message that will be displayed to the user when closing the locker. We complete this field as follows: "Congratulations! You can now access the file".
Advanced settings summary:
You can also select the "Adjust the theme" and choose between "Yes" or "Expert".
- "Yes" - by selecting this option, you can name the file that will be downloaded, change the content of the main button and locker, and also make changes to the color scheme.
After the modifications, our locker looks like this:
- "Expert" - in this version, you can create a theme using CSS or HTML code. At each stage, you can monitor the progress of your work by clicking on the 'Update the styles' button and then 'Preview'.
Now you know how to configure individual Content Lockers. As you can see, the whole process is not complicated. An experienced webmaster will complete it in a few to several minutes. It's worth doing it to be able to earn even more than before.